This week we’re launching beta support for accepting credit cards with Stripe.com. If you’re already using My School Books with PayPal Pro, then this doesn’t change much for you. However, if you aren’t already accepting online payments and want to get started, Stripe with My School Books makes it quick and easy.
Stripe uses simple pricing (just like My School Books :), and is available in many more countries than PayPal Pro. Available countries include:
- United Kingdom
- Plus many more…
If you’d like to participate in our beta test, please email email@example.com and ask to participate in the Stripe beta.
Other changes this week include:
- The “Title” on My School Books hosted websites will now automatically set the text direction (i.e. right-to-left for Hebrew).
- My School Books can now send over-due invoice reminders. You can enable this feature in “School Settings” on the “Accounts & Invoices” tab.
- The “Invoices” tab on the “Families & Invoices” page now has a text search, for searching by family name, invoice number, etc.
- Chrome will no longer incorrectly auto-fill another teacher’s email address with your own when editing the teacher profile (multi-teacher school).
- Changes to the Student’s Default Lesson Category will now change the invoice description for students who pay a flat monthly rate.
- The default “Public/Private” setting for new events is now on the “School Settings” page. In the past it was done on an individual, teacher-by-teacher basis which caused confusion for some multi-teacher school.
We hope you enjoy this week’s updates. Have a great week!
– The My School Books Team
Did you know? If you sell gift certificates to your school My School Books can accommodate this. Read the the “how to” article here.