This week we’re excited to announce that the Student Sign-Up Form (and Sign-Up Widget) can now be customized with your own form fields. The original fields are still included, but now you have the option to add additional fields to collect information about students when the sign-up for lessons at your school.
This opens up a world of possibilities; you can ask students how they heard about your school, their preferred day for lessons, etc. The additional information that’s collected is automatically included in the email you receive when a new student signs up, and it’s also saved into the “Notes” section of their student profile.
Other improvements this week include:
- My School Books now remembers the sort order of lists while you’re logged in (such as on the Student Details page). So if you sort your students a particular way, then leave the student page and return, the ordering will remain.
- We made an internal change to improve the performance of My School Books hosted websites.
- Both parent names are now included on invoices if either they are both selected as “Preferred Recipients” or they share the same address.
- We updated the layout of the Agenda so that the “Past Lesson Notes” and “Attendance” buttons always stick to the top right hand corner. We also changed the layout how the event location is displayed so that the location icon will always stick with the location name.
- We fixed an issue with the date picker that could sometimes cause the popup to be hidden by the edge of the browser.
- Our Stripe.com beta is now open to everyone.
- The printed calendar “Week” view will now automatically hide Saturday and Sunday if there are no scheduled lessons on those days.
- We changed “Include Previous Balance” on the payroll report to “Include Previous Balance & Payments“, so it’s easier to create a report that just shows earned income within a specific date range.
- Bounced emails on the “Notifications” page now display the newest items at the top by default.
We hope you enjoy this week’s updates. Have a great week!
– The My School Books Team
Did you know? You can organize all of your “Download Library” Items into folders? See the full Faq here.