This week we’re introducing a new invoice option that will allow you to group charges (and payments) by student on invoices. When this option is enabled, the charges will be listed for each student (then by date), rather than interspersing all the charges for the family. This option is located in “School Settings” on the “Account & Invoices” tab.
Here’s what else is new and improved this week:
- When emailing an individual invoice to a family, the “Preferred Invoice Recipient” is now automatically selected if both parents have email addresses.
- The first/last name fields on the student sign-up form have been clarified. Now the student info is always entered first, if it’s a parent signing up their child, the parent name fields come second. This should make the form a bit more intuitive for new parents signing up.
- If you’re using a My School Books hosted website, the “Text Above Form” on the sign-up page is now removed once the form is submitted and just the “Thank you” message is displayed.
- The look and feel of the sign-up pages on My School Books hosted websites has been updated to better match the theme of your site.
- The Student “Attendance” report can now be filtered by event category. This allows you to only see the student’s attendance history for a particular type of even (such as English lesson).
- The “Report Center” has been renamed “School Reports” for clarity.
- Trip duration can now be recorded in the mileage tracker when “Advanced Options” are turned on.
- When you add an item to the “Lending Library“, you can now immediately mark it as loaned out to a student.
- The “Lending Library” page now has a “Visible Columns” picker to show/hide unneeded columns.
Multi-teacher school changes:
- There’s a new teacher option for hiding/showing the teachers in the “Preferred Teacher” drop down list on the sign-up page. If a teacher’s schedule is full (or if someone is just an admin), you can use this option to hide them from the sign-up page.
- The “Default Lesson Price” column has been removed from the Student List page for teachers who do not have the view/edit invoices privilege.
We hope you enjoy this week’s updates. Have a great week!
– The My School Books Team
Did you know? You can take attendance for a whole day without having to select each individual lesson/event. See the FAQ here.