The blocked dates feature allows you to mark off days that you don’t want recurring lessons to be scheduled on. This allows you to setup events at the start of the school term (such as national holidays, spring break, etc.), then schedule your recurring lessons and My School Books will know to skip the dates with holidays.
Here’s how to get started:
- Log into your My School Books account and view your Calendar.
- Click the blue “Event Setup” button.
- Click the “Edit Categories” button.
- Create a new category and call it “Vacation” (or whatever name suits your needs). On the new category pop-up you will see a new option labelled “Blocked Dates“, turn this option on and then click “OK” to save your new category.
- Now go back to the calendar and use the “New Event” button to schedule “Vacation” days when you don’t want lessons to appear.
You can create as many blocked categories as you need, and you can be as broad or as specific as you’d like.
- When you schedule your blocked dates, set them to “All Day” events to block the entire day.
- To block multiple days in a row, use the “Repeat” option.
Note: If you add blocked dates to your calendar after you’ve already scheduled lessons, My School Books will not automatically remove existing lessons. You will need to manually cancel any existing lessons on newly added holidays. (This was done intentionally to eliminate the risk of removing scheduled lessons if you make a mistake when adding blocked dates.)