Yes, your My School Books hosted website can be configured to allow students to sign-up online. Follow these steps to setup a basic student sign-up page:
- Log into your My School Books account.
- Navigate to “Website” from the main menu.
- Select the “Pages” tab, then click the “Add Page” button. You’ll be adding a new page for registration.
- Give the page a title, such as “Registration”, then set the “Page Type” to “New Student Sign-Up“. (There are a number of options available, but we’ll skip them for now.)
- Now click “Save” at the bottom of the screen (you may need to scroll down to see it).
You now have a basic student signup page configured! There are a number of options that can also be configured to customize the experience for your students. These options are explained in detail below:
- Auto-Active – By default, students who sign-up through your website are set to “Waiting” status. Waiting student’s can’t log into the Student Portal, but you’ve got their information in your account. If you use the “Auto-Active” option, students who sign-up through your site are automatically set to active and provided a login password.
- Registration Fee – This field is optional, and is only used if you want to automatically create a sign-up fee on the student’s account when they sign-up. You’d use this feature if you charge your students, say a $25 administrative fee when they join your studio.
- Fee Description – This is the description that will appear beside the Registration Fee on their first invoice. You might use something like “Registration Fee”, “Sign-Up Fee”, “Admin Fee”, etc.
- Text Above Form – This is the information that will appear at the top of the page, above the sign-up form fields.
- Thank You Message – This is what’s displayed after the sign-up form is submitted. Remember to keep your message informative. Set their expectations by letting the student know when they can expect to hear back from you (i.e. one day, two days, 10 days).