Hey Everyone! This week’s update includes a lot of everything. The most notable being scheduling “Make-Up Required” lessons and adding new students. Take a look at this week’s list of changes:
- We changed the “New Default Lesson” shortcut on the calendar so that it now has a “Make-Up Required” checkbox. This makes schedule make-up lessons much faster since you no longer need to go to the “New Event” page.
- We’ve improved the Student Details page (and New Student page) by hiding unused optional fields. This reduces the clutter on that page, particularly for teachers who are only using 2 or 3 fields of student info.
- The daily agenda report now includes the day name for Canadian locales (i.e. “Monday”).
- During the online payment process, there is now an option to enable auto-pay if the parent chooses to store their card on file.
- When setting up a new website with a custom background, the “Stretch” background mode is now the default selection (it was nothing prior to this change).
- We’ve added email templates for failed ACH payments.
- If an ACH payment from a student fails, the $4 NSF fee is now automatically added to the family account.
- We’ve added a new SMS reminder for failed auto-payments.
- We fixed an issue with the New Student page that would prevent the email address field for the second parent from appearing.
- When you click on a field with placeholder text (i.e. “(Optional)“) the text now disappears even before you begin to type. This was confusing to some users.
- We fixed an issue with the SMS invoice/reminder messages which would cause them to only be sent if the parent had SMS reminders turned on. This feature is now independent of SMS event reminders; as long as “Texting Allowed” is enabled for one of the parent numbers and you have SMS invoice/invoice reminders enabled for your school these SMS messages will be sent.
Did you know? We’ve added the ability to send an SMS invoice notification (and payment receipt for families using auto-pay). For this feature to work, you’ll need to enable it in your School Settings page and ensure that the parent has at least one phone number setup with “Texting Allowed“.