The following principles apply to the personal information we ask for and that you provide. “Personal Information” is information that individually identifies you, such as your name, physical address or email address, and includes information which you add to your MySchoolBooks.com account (including student contact information, schedules, prices, etc.).
- MySchoolBooks.com collects limited information your browser makes available whenever you visit our website. This information includes your Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your query and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. We use this information to operate, develop and improve our services.
- Some of our services require you to register for an account. MySchoolBooks.com asks you for some personal information in order to create an account and we will use that information to provide the service. For certain services we may request credit card or other payment information which we do not maintain once the transaction has been completed.
Upon your first visit to MySchoolBooks.com, a cookie is sent to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent.
We do not rent or sell your personal information to other companies or individuals. We may share such information in any of the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent.
- We provide such information to trusted businesses or persons for the sole purpose of processing personal information on our behalf (i.e. processing a credit-card transaction).
- We conclude that we are required by law or have a good faith belief that access, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of MySchoolBooks.com.
- We may store and process personal information collected on our site in Canada or any other country in which MySchoolBooks.com maintains facilities. By using our services, you consent to the transfer of your information among these facilities, including those located outside your country.
- We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data.
- We restrict access to your personal information to employees who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services.
Changes to this Policy
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to us any time. Last Revised: January 12, 2015