That’s what little boys are made of! Well, no, not really. We’ve added a new option for schools that are using the Student Portal: You can now restrict calendar permissions for non-adult students so they won’t be able to cancel lessons or join events (depending on your school settings). This is helpful for teachers who have young students using the Student Portal, but only wish to allow their parents to cancel/reschedule lessons.
Here’s what made this week’s final cut:
- We made a small change the the calendar: When you edit the last event in a recurring series, the calendar now treats it as still part of that series (which makes extending recurring lessons work a little smoother).
- For schools using the Study Log and Student Portal: The average study time displayed on the chart now reflects the average spent per day, not the weekly average. We had some folks write in and say it seemed suspiciously high, and they were right!
- If you’re using a My School Books hosted website, in the middle of the week we fixed an issue on the blog page that was preventing the “Category” and “Archive” links from working correctly.
- We’ve enhanced the sign-up widget to fix a couple of issues:
- If you’re using the sign-up widget at the bottom of a page on your site, submitting the form will now cause the page to scroll to the top of the widget, NOT the top of the page (which was confusing at best).
- On some mobile devices the widget was cut off on the right, this should be fixed now.
- If you’re using a Bluetooth keyboard with iOS, you should once again be able to use the “Enter” key to insert line breaks into lesson notes and emails.
For multi-teacher schools:
- The teacher’s profile images no longer overlap with the calendar “Sync” buttons on the Teachers & Admins list page.
Did you know? Your MSB-hosted sites are now served using SSL, and all private information is strongly protected and private!