Here’s what’s new and improved this week:
- We’ve made two highly requested changes to the “Cancellation Policy” feature in My School Books:
- You can now limit the number of make-up credits that will be automatically issued after a certain date. For example, if you’re a school that only issues a maximum of 2 credits per term, you’d set the maximum number of credits to “2” and the start date to the first day of your term. At the start of the NEXT term, you’d change the “Start Date” to that new date. This feature ONLY affects lessons cancelled through the student portal. As the teacher, you can always override the limit by marking the attendance “Absent, Give Make-Up” for extenuating circumstances.
- When a lesson is converted to an “Open Make-up Slot“, your cancellation policy can now automatically switch the “Event Category“. This is great for schools who like to color code their make-up slots differently (or simply wish to change the original category to something more generic).
- On the homepage “Agenda“, the popup with student notes from the “Practice Log” now uses the screen space more efficiently for easier reading.
- There’s a new “Teacher Title” field available in your “My Preferences” page so that you can store your proper title (i.e. “Mr.”, “Mrs.”, “Dr.”, etc.) . If you populate this field you can use your title in the email templates. This feature is particularly useful for multi-teacher schools who wish to use proper titles in email correspondence.
- If you explicitly assign new students to an item in the “Download Library“, sending the email notification from that popup now only emails the newly added students.
- The “Student Details” now has a new field called “Referrer” for storing how the student heard about you/your school. The sign-up widget has also been updated so that you can turn on a “How did you hear about us?” field which will automatically populate the Referrer field in the database.
- On the “Teachers & Administrators” page (multi-teacher schools) there is a new “Email” button for quick access to emailing your teachers.
- When adding/editing an item in the “Download Library“, non-admin teachers cannot add students who are not assigned to them.
- The “Payroll Report” now has an option to insert a page break between teachers.
We hope you enjoy this week’s updates. Have a great week!
– The My Schools Books Team
Did you know? We’ve added the ability to manually mark an invoice as “Paid“. My Schools Books will continue to automatically mark invoices paid as payments come in, but if for some reason you need to override it, you can.