A blog is an easy way to post articles to your site that don’t necessarily need their own individual pages. The pages on your site typically won’t change very often, while the blog articles you post will be more timely (i.e. such as news, announcements, and other information like that.)
My School Books makes it easy to add a blog to your site. Here’s what to do:
- Log into your My School Books account.
- Click “Website” from the main menu to access your website’s settings.
- Select the “Pages” tab, and add a new page.
- Set the “Page Type” to “Blog”. This creates the placeholder page for the great blog posts that you’re going to write.
- Click “Save”.
Now your site has an empty blog page with no posts. The next step is to add the first post:
- Click “News & Blog Posts” from the main menu.
- Click “+ New Post”.
- Set the title for this post then write the article itself in the “Post” field. It’s just like writing an email, except everyone who visits your site will be able to read it.
- Select “Website Blog (Public)” as the “Publish Location”.
- Click “Save” and you’re done!
That’s it! You’ve added the first post to your blog. When you’re ready to post again, just go back to the “News & Blog Posts” page to create a new entry. My School Books will automatically show the newest post at the top of your blog page, and archive older posts for you.