Adding “Locations” for a lesson or event is a great feature for teachers working in a school that has multiple classrooms or when teaching at a location outside of the school. Location details can be as broad or specific as you like, for example, if you’re a multi-teacher school you can create locations for individual rooms or schools like this:
- Room 101
- Room 102
- Classroom 1A
If you’re an individual teacher and teach from your home and the student’s, you can create broad location names, such as:
- Student’s Home
- Teacher’s Home
If you provide an address when you setup the location, the address will automatically be sent to your synced devices.
Here’s how to get started using the new “Locations” feature:
- Log into your My School Books account
- Navigate to the “Calendar” from the main menu.
- Click the blue “Options” button above the calendar.
- Select “Categories and Locations” from the drop down menu.
- Select the “Locations” tab and click the “Add Location” button.
- Give your new location a name and choose an icon to represent this location if you wish (a location icon will appear on the calendar).
- Choosing “Use Student Home Address” will dynamically populate the address field sent to your synced calendar with the student’s home address. If you do not know the address or the location does not have one (classroom, study space, school number, etc.) choose “No Address“. If your lesson location has a specific address other than the student’s home address, choose “Specify an Address” and enter the address in the field provided. The address specified will be sent to your synced calendar.
- When scheduling a lesson, choose the appropriate location from the “Location” drop down menu.