SMS (text message) reminders are a great way to notify students and parents of upcoming lessons & events right on their mobile phones. With My School Books you can even send SMS reminders at a different interval than your regular email reminders.
For example, you can send email reminders 24 hours in advance, and SMS reminders 2 hours in advance of lessons and events.
To enable SMS (text message) reminders:
1. Log into your My School Books account.
2. Click on “Calendar” from the main menu on the left.
3. Click on “Event Setup” from the menu at the top.
4. Click on the “Edit” button (blue pencil icon) beside the category you would like to enable SMS Reminders for.
5. Set the “Hours Before” your SMS Reminders are to go out prior to the lessons (24 hours = 1 day).
6. Click “Save“. A “Speech Bubble” icon will appear under the “Reminders” column letting you know SMS reminder are enabled for the category.
Note: SMS Reminders can be enabled on a category by category basis. Be sure SMS reminders are turned on for any and all categories you wish them to go out for.