Yes, if you are using the free website feature in My School Books but are also using a custom domain name, you can still use ReCaptcha to avoid unwanted spam. What is ReCaptcha? ReCaptcha is a test that can be made of an image, distorted text, or anything else that has to be solved by human users when they want to subscribe to websites that want to make sure the user is a human being and not a bot or a computer to prevent spam.
Note: If you are using the free website feature in My School Books and you are not using a custom domain name (i.e.: www.yourtutorschool.com), a ReCaptcha is already included at the bottom of all My School Books forms.
To get started using ReCaptcha:
1. Log into your My School Books account.
2. Click on your name in the top right corner and select “School Settings” from the drop down.
3. Click on the “Options” tab and select the “Show Search Engine Optimization Options“.
4. Click “Save Options“.
5. Visit the ReCaptcha website at: https://www.google.com/recaptcha (you will need a Google account to sign in, accounts can be setup for free).
6. Click on the “Get reCAPTCHA” button found in the top right hand corner of the website and sign in with your Google username and password.
10. Navigate back to My School Books and log into your account.
11. Click on “Website” in the main menu and under the “Settings” tab, enter in your ReCaptcha “Site Key” and “Secret Key” in the corresponding text boxes. “Save Settings“.