This week we’ve got a hearty list of smaller changes in My School Books:
- Any place in My School Books that allows you to select a date range (i.e. on invoices or reports), there’s a new drop-down button to quickly select common dates, such as “Last Month”, “Next Month”, etc. You can still manually pick any date range you need if necessary. This feature just makes it faster if you’re selecting commonly used dates.
- We’ve updated the “Expense/Other Income” categories so that they can all be deleted even if you’ve already used them (just like event categories). This allows you to keep your category list concise if there are categories that you’re no longer using.
- We fixed an issue with the GPS Start/End trip button that would prevent it from working in some countries.
- The invoices have been updated so that if the “Include Previous Balance” option is turned OFF, then payments in that invoice period are also omitted from the invoice. (This allows it to behave more like a basic invoice rather than a full account statement.)
- We fixed an obscure issue with the calendar that would cause events setup using a blocked category to block themselves if they were being edited.
- We’ve updated the “Account & Invoices” page in the Student Portal so that only current and past invoices are displayed. If you generate your invoices ahead of time in My School Books, they won’t appear in the parent portal until the “Invoice Date” arrives.
The following changes apply to the multi-teacher version of My School Books:
- When editing a teacher’s account/profile settings, you can now switch between teachers using a drop-down menu at the top of the page. You don’t need to go back to the teacher list page anymore.
- When adding a new teacher to your school you can now setup their payroll settings right away. (Before you had to create the teacher and then edit their profile to enable payroll.)
- If you edit a student’s default lesson price through the teacher page, My School Books will now ask if you’d like to make the change retroactive (the same way it does if you change the student’s profile through the student page).
Have a great week!
– The My School Books Team
Did you know? You can add a Google Analytics tracking code to your My School Books hosted website? Read the FAQ.