Here’s what’s new and improved this week:
- You can now set the “Color Mode” used in the “Student Portal” Calendar. For teachers who prefer to color code by location, this can ensure that your students see the same colors in their calendars as you do. This is a school wide setting, and you can adjust it from your “School Settings” page (on the Options tab).
- If you’re using a My School Books hosted website, we adjusted the colors on the “Sign-Up” page (if you have one) so the text matches the default color of your theme.
- We changed the format of the Student List Excel/CSV “Download” file. Parent contact info is now on the same line as the student (rather than below in a separate block).
- We added two new placeholders to the standard email template for the “Account Balance”, and “Balance Date”. For schools that don’t use invoices, this is a great way to include the amounts that families owe you in emails.
- If you edit a previously scheduled event and set it to “Make-Up Credit Required“, any associated lesson fee is now (temporarily) removed until you take attendance. This makes the behavior consistent with newly scheduled events that have “Make-Up Credit Required” enabled.
- When the “Make a Payment” button is used in the “Student Portal”, the amount on the payment page is prefilled with the family’s outstanding account balance.
- We added a new “Student Since” column to the Student List page that includes the number of years and months the student has been with you.
- We updated the “Golden Rod“, “Mia” and “Ocean” website templates so that multi-line menus won’t hide the top text or logo of your page.
- Now when you click a link to a blog category, it opens to the most recent posts for that category.
- Student Profile pictures now leverage browser caching so loading the main student list page should be a bit snappier (if you’re showing profile pictures)
- We updated the layout on the “School Settings” page to make things a bit easier to find. We’re still reorganizing this area, but this is a step in the right direction.
- We updated the “Sales Tax” feature so that when taxes are added to lessons retroactively, students who pay a flat monthly rate are included.
We hope you enjoy this week’s updates. Have a great week!
– The My School Books Team
Did you know? You can build an awesome looking website for free with your My School Books membership. Take a look at one of our sample website for inspiration.